WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Oct. 04, 2018 – ITT Cannon
and ITT Enidine
, ITT Inc. (NYSE: ITT) companies, will highlight their comprehensive portfolios of highly engineered and ruggedized interconnect, energy absorption and vibration isolation solutions for military and defense applications at the 2018 Association of the U.S. Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting & Exposition
October 8-10 (Halls ABC / Booth 2350), in the Walter E Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC.
During the three-day event, the largest military land power exposition and professional development forum in North America, Cannon and Enidine will showcase custom and off-the-shelf engineering capabilities, along with a wide range of products for military and defense applications that support high-intensity conflict, multi-domain battle and non-combat operations worldwide.
"From soldier-worn technology and military aviation to submarine-launched missile systems and military ground vehicles, Cannon and Enidine solutions are designed to ensure success in critical missions on land, in the air, at sea and in space," said Farrokh Batliwala, president of ITT's Connect and Controls Technology business. "Our connector and motion control solutions are designed for modern military applications that help keep our soldiers safe while enabling the performance and reliability of equipment and devices in the most extreme conditions and harshest environments."
During AUSA 2018, the Cannon and Enidine exhibit in Halls ABC/#2350 will feature interconnect, energy absorption and vibration isolation products and technologies for today's military and defense applications including:
Soldier-Worn Systems: Cannon's lightweight, reliable and high-performance interconnects for soldier-worn applications enhance communication, increase mobility and maximize situational awareness. Recent innovations include:
- Cannon's Nemesis II CBA 20+ Meters, a high speed, high mating and quick termination interconnect designed and tested for water submersion to an industry-leading 20+ Meters (65.6 feet)
- Cannon's Rock-in-Lock™ (RIL) Latching Connector, a flash-drive-sized, low-profile quick connect that attaches to a helmet or tablet without any tools.
- Enidine hydraulic recoil buffers help to absorb energy in a variety of soldier borne weapons such as the M4 rifle or M240 squad automatic weapon, while larger variants such as the MK92 provide full energy absorption in .50 caliber mounted machine gun applications.
Military Ground Vehicles: Military ground vehicles require rigorous interconnects that withstand severe shock and vibration, as well as heat, moisture and dirt exposure.
- The Cannon KPSE 26482-Style Series I / VG95328, CA Bayonet and Combo-D are designed for communications, turrets/weapons, slip rings, control/distribution boxes and starter/generator applications in high-performance military tanks, fighting vehicles and vehicle platforms such as the High-Mobility Multi-Purpose Wheeled Vehicle (HUMVEE) and Bradley Fighting Vehicle.
- Enidine is a market leader in energy absorption and vibration isolation for military ground vehicles. The Enidine blast seat mitigation shock is designed to protect soldiers during transport, while the shock and vibration isolation system protects the entire Joint Counter Radio Electronic Warfare (JCREW) Equipment from the harmful effects of IED explosions.
- Enidine's rate control products also meet the heavy demands for reliable, consistent and smooth operation of armored vehicle doors, while several custom energy absorption, vibration isolation and noise attenuation products are featured on several armored vehicle platforms.
Military Aviation: (Combat/Non-Combat Aircraft, Helicopters, UAVs): Cannon connectors and Enidine motion control technologies are designed to withstand the extreme shock, exposure and vibration that are commonplace in military aviation applications.
Missiles and Ordnance: Enidine's shock absorption technologies protect some of the military's most advanced weapons systems.
- Enidine's custom shock absorber and energy absorption products help protect the Phalanx weapons systems on various naval vessels. A mix of hydraulic and custom elastomeric technologies ensures that the SeaRAM system can endure unplanned shock and vibration events while maintaining operational readiness.
- The Enidine SKID isolators enable safe transport of missiles by land or air with elastomeric technology that absorbs shock and vibration. And the US Navy's Helios laser weapons system relies on an assortment of Enidine motion control components including SKID isolators and high-energy rope mounts ( HERMS) protecting this high-impact, triple-threat defense system.
- Cannon leads the interconnect industry with highly customized, harsh environment solutions for missiles and ordnance including Nano Microminiature, Filtered D-Subs and TMDM Filtered Micro - D. These lightweight connectors offer shielding capabilities in ultra-small design packages for the highest level of reliability and performance on critical applications. Cannon interconnects have been designed for use on the Patriot, Tomahawk, Trident, Sidewinder, Harpoon, CVN-78 aircraft carrier, Mark 48 torpedo, Delta Rocket systems, Titan Launch Vehicle and Apache Hellfire platforms.
Cannon is a global leader among today's military equipment manufacturers. Cannon's highly engineered, lightweight and robust interconnect solutions transmit data, power and signal in soldier-worn devices, military aviation, ground vehicles, shipboard systems and missiles and ordnance.
Enidine is a trusted provider of customized shock and vibration products that leverage both hydraulic and elastomeric technologies—separately or together through proprietary methods to solve some of the military's most challenging energy absorption applications.
ITT is a diversified leading manufacturer of highly engineered critical components and customized technology solutions for the energy, transportation and industrial markets. Building on its heritage of innovation, ITT partners with its customers to deliver enduring solutions to the key industries that underpin our modern way of life. ITT is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with employees in more than 35 countries and sales in a total of approximately 125 countries. The company generated 2017 revenues of $2.6 billion.
About ITT's Connect and Control Technologies Business
ITT's Connect and Control Technologies business designs and manufactures harsh-environment connectors and critical energy absorption, motion, flow and environmental control components. Through leading brands such as Aerospace Controls, BIW Connector Systems, Cannon, Compact, Enidine and Veam, the business serves customers in the aerospace, automation, defense, energy, industrial, infrastructure and transportation markets.